Overview of the Round 1 Grant Application
When the QGHA was established in 2016, Queensland Health (QH) drew on the experiences of similar organisations in other jurisdictions to create an initial operating mode which included an approach to manage and run the Round 1 grant application management process.
The Round 1 grant application management process was conducted from October 2016 – April 2017 and included the following key milestones:
- Round 1 grant application management process approved by Qld Health: 12 October 2016
- Call for Applications: 12 October 2016 – 16 December 2016 (10 weeks)
- Evaluation and Assessment: 19 December 2016 – 13 February 2017 (8 weeks)
- Ministerial Announcement of Round 1 Projects: 26 April 2017
- Awarding and Contracting: May 2017 – November 2017
Call for Applications
The call for applications involved the following activities:
- Application materials uploaded to the www.qgha.org/projects web site for access
- Call for Applications notice emailed to the QGHA Master Contact Register
- Retransmission of the Call for Applications Notice through supporting partners
- Responding to enquiries in relation to the grant application process
- Developing responses to frequently asked questions and making them available to all registered applicants and on the website
- Contacting registered applicants
- Conducting webinars: Series #1
- Conducting face to face Information Session
- Conducting webinars: Series #2
- Advise applicants of the successful receipt of their proposals, managing submission issues
- Prepare project applications for assessment by the Independent Evaluation and Assessment Panel
Evaluation & Assessment
All applications received by the close of Call for Applications (5:00pm 16 December 2016) were processed and forwarded to the Independent Evaluation and Assessment Panel for review and recommendation to Queensland Health. A range of general checks were conducted to ensure the applications were complete and compliant with the granting rules as outlined in the Application Guideline.
- The Independent Evaluation and Assessment Panel reviewed the applications and provided their recommendations to the QGHA Business Team.
- The QGHA Business Team compiled the recommendations and presented the recommendations back to the Panel for confirmation.
- The QGHA Business Team then provided the panel’s recommendations to Queensland Health for approval.
- Queensland Health endorsed the recommendations within the Panel Recommendation Report.
- The QGHA Business Team then commenced awarding and contracting with successful applicants.
Awarding and Contracting
The Minister for Health wrote to all applicants to advise them of the outcome of QGHA Round 1 grant application management process, and publicly announced the outcome of Round 1 on 26 April 2018.
The QGHA Business Team worked with the successful projects to develop contracts and project plans.
QGHA Round 1 Clinical Demonstration and Capability-building Workstream Projects commenced between July and November 2017. Queensland Health determined a formal program commencement date of 1 September 2017, setting the progression of formal reporting across the duration of the program.
Click here to view the application guidelines including the evaluation criteria
Click here to view the application template for Clinical Demonstration Projects
Click here to view the application template for Capability Building Workstreams